Community Relations Officer
Community Relations Officer
1 Permanent Full-Time Position
Salary Range: $52,067 – $67,913
Reporting to the Manager of Community Relations, the Community Relations Officer is relied upon in the implementation of the organization’s community relations and tourism strategies. As the incumbent you will ensure the strategies are executed effectively at Casinos Regina & Moose Jaw in order to enhance SaskGaming’s corporation image, position and brand within the organization, marketplace and the general public.
Your primary responsibility is to implement the community relations strategy. As the liaison between the corporation and various organizations you will assist in evaluating and negotiating community investment opportunities, fulfilling sponsorship benefits and managing existing employee volunteer programs. You will also work closely with the Promotions, Advertising and Communications teams to ensure a coordinated approach to benefit fulfillment. This will also include designing and implementing sponsorship activation plans and public relations activities for key sponsorships and philanthropic donations. You will also be responsible for providing leadership in the planning, coordination and evaluation of large-scale fund raising events.
Your secondary responsibility is to implement the tourism strategies. You will work closely with business organizations and SaskGaming Promotions and Advertising teams to plan, execute and manage various tourism programs such as the bus tour program, hotel program and other tourism-related initiatives. This role is responsible for all promotional planning components including analyzing data, developing project charters, procedures, and communication materials. As such, you will effectively communicate promotional plans with floor staff, Supervisors, Managers and Directors at both casino properties. In addition, it is your responsibility to keep promotional projects on track and on budget.
The ideal candidate will possess a degree in Business Administration, Public Relations or other related field. A minimum of three to six years work experience in marketing, communications or public relations in a public, private or not-for-profit sector is preferred. An acceptable combination of education and experience may be considered.
Using a variety of assessment tools such as in-person interviews, written examinations, role plays and reference checks, candidates will be assessed against the following competencies:
- KNOWLEDGE & EXPERTISE: Ability to demonstrate knowledge, understanding and expertise with respect to the position requirements.
- TEAM PLAYING: Ability to work cooperatively and productively with others to achieve results and effectively contribute to the diverse teams, work groups and the organization.
- RELATIONSHIP BUILDING: Developing and maintaining a network of contacts, both inside and outside the organization, with people who may be able to supply information, assistance or support for work-related goals. This includes building and maintaining relationships or a network of contacts with people who are, or might someday be, helpful in achieving work-related goals.
- COORDINATING/SCHEDULING: Working with and coordinating the activities of persons over whom the incumbent may have no direct authority; attention and energy are focused on bringing various activities together to meet timetable(s).
- COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing in a clear, concise and effective manner in formal and informal settings
- CUSTOMER SERVICE FOCUS: Taking the initiative in understanding the needs of clients/customers/guests (internal and external). Focusing on, following through, anticipating, meeting and exceeding the needs of others in a timely and appropriate manner.
- CREATIVITY: Identifying and evaluating unique ways to improve the organization (cost reductions, use of resources, policies/procedures, products); generating useful new ideas, approaches or techniques.
- INITIATIVE: Demonstrating self-motivation; effective performance is driven from within rather than being conditional on pressure from external factors. Ability to remain committed to achieving high performance during times of delays, setbacks or changes.
- TIME/PRIORITY MANAGEMENT: Effectively adapting to tight deadlines, heavy workloads, and sudden or frequent changes in priority in order to accomplish objectives.
- THOROUGHNESS: Ensuring that work accomplished is complete in all relevant aspects. Ability to identify the related areas that need to be considered and incorporated.
Conditions of Employment:
You will be required to obtain and maintain a Saskatchewan Liquor and Gaming Authority - Gaming Employee Certificate of Registration.
Applicants must clearly state how they meet the qualifications in their resume. Deadline for receipt of applications is Wednesday, December 13, 2017 by 4:30 PM. Applications must be submitted online at www.casinoregina.com.
Preference will be given to qualified Indigenous candidates who self-identify and provide proof upon request. We thank all applicants however, only those short listed for interviews will be contacted. For more information regarding this competition, please contact Human Resources at (306) 787-1401.Apply For This Position