Cook – Casino Regina
1 Part Time Position
Salary: $17.27 (probation) - $18.58 (regular)
The Cook is responsible for preparing food items in all areas of the food and beverage operations within the casino, ensuring quality, consistency and portion control and contributes to the overall cleanliness and effectiveness of the kitchen operation. This position reports to the Sous Chef.
Qualifications: The successful candidate will have a minimum of Grade 10 or equivalent, and one (1) year experience in a high volume restaurant or hotel kitchen. Preference will be given to those applicants who have obtained their Red Seal Certification.
Competencies: Using a variety of assessment tools such as in-person interviews, written examinations, role plays and reference checks, candidates will be assessed against the following competencies:
- Ability to read interpret and apply information contained in documents including recipes, manuals and policies
- Skills in communicating effectively, courteously, and respectfully with SaskGaming guests and co-workers
- Ability to demonstrate and adhere to principles of teamwork
- Knowledge of and ability to understand and adhere to guest service standards
- Knowledge of standard practises and procedures related to service and preparation of food and beverage items, prices, safe food handling and sanitary guidelines
- Skill and coordination in the use of equipment and/or tools demonstrating ability to ensure accuracy and precision
Conditions of Employment: You will be required to obtain and maintain a Saskatchewan Liquor and Gaming Authority - Gaming Employee Certificate of Registration. You will be required to work shift work which includes evenings, nights and weekends.
Application Process: Qualified applicants must clearly state how they meet the screening criteria in their application for employment. Deadline for receipt of applications is Monday, December 11, 2017 by 4:30 pm. Applications must be submitted on-line at www.casinoregina.com.
Other Information for External Candidates: Preference will be given to qualified applicants of Aboriginal ancestry who self-identify and provide proof upon request. Only those applicants who are chosen for interviews will be contacted. This competition may be used to create a pre-screened pool for permanent and term positions. For more information regarding this competition, please contact (306)787-1401Apply For This Position